Sunday 5 February 2017

A short breather (15)

Gonna take a short breather to post an update or my back will break.

Boss01-dominant animation
I needed to fix up a few of the bugs the plagued the Gallery. In addition to that, I had to clean up and set the locking/unlocking of skills and animations so that it worked properly now, since I had left them in a messy state during development (where they worked, but only barely).

Sorry for the delay, but it's going to take a bit more time. It's coming together nicely and I want to finish at least one more Boss-dominant animation. This is all for going ahead to a "proper" demo.

Also, the BGMs have been re-arranged with better quality samples, so expect to hear them soon, including a new BGM for the Gallery mode.

I hope I didn't develop some chronic back injury having sit in front of the PC for god-knows how many hours.

Not dead yet!

11 comments:

  1. Ah damn. Glad to know you're working hard at it thought and don't hurt yourself over it! Take a break and definitely stretch. Lookin' forward to the demo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still going at it. Work has been getting in the way of development time lately. Unfortunately I'm going to make you wait a bit more :(

      Delete
    2. How about now? jk jk. How soon? :P

      Delete
  2. God man Definitely take a break wouldn't want your back to break while you working on such an amazing game get well soon the game can wait imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries man. Don't crunch your self into the grave, slow and steady. Keep up the great work! Curious how many boss-dominant animations will the next demo have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend for it to have animations up to ROUND[30]. So that means the demo will have (3) boss-dominant animations, one for each bosses on R[10], R[20] and R[30]. Of course they each come with boss-submissive animations as well.

      Delete
  4. I love checking the site and finding a new post from you! Because I ADORE your game. Can't wait for the next release. The teaser of the new boss dominant animation looks wicked.

    Keep up the great work! While I'm eager for more, I don't want want to see you take on too much and crash. I just know that whatever comes, when it comes, it's gonna be great. I am content to wait with this knowledge.

    Well....no, no, I'm lying. I need it and I need it now! But I'll wait anyway, because what choice do I have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey datanony, could you make it such that the pre-boss stage is a bit difficult/challenging, than it is right now?

    Basically if you encounter a game over or something (provided you have defeated the boss once in your play-through), one can always retry attempting the boss level by selecting the pre-boss stage. I found trudging through all the 9 levels before the boss a bit too time consuming.

    Of course, if such a change breaks or conflicts with any future plans you have regarding the game, it's not an issue then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think that some form of skipping to the boss fight would be great. As stronger enemies spawn, it takes a good few minutes to clear a stage. I think it takes me about 20 or so minutes to get from stage 30 to stage 39.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make my V-Day dream come true. Release the demo please haha :)

    ReplyDelete